Readers' Photos # 48: Lancia # 76 and an Alfa 105 GT 1300


Uppermiddlepetrolhead does feature some pretty special cars, even if I do have to say so myself!  There are some true classics featured, including all the "big" names like E-Type Jags, Porsches, Ferraris, a "Gull-wing" Merc, plus plenty of Aussie muscle - even a trio of Galant hardtops!


I strongly suspect that this superb classic Italian racer - reportedly an Alfa, but in my mind probably a Lancia - is as special, if not more so, than any other car featured on the whole 'blog.  I'd love to tell you more about it but I can't, other than it was recently snapped in Rye, Victoria, by UMPH's special correspondent for Green Acres. 



The Green Acres special correspondent also photographed this lovely Alfa 1300 GT Junior at the same time and place as the Lancia.  Again, I'm less than full-bottle when it comes to this car, as I thought all the single headlight per side 105s were "step-noses," but this one doesn't appear to be so.  

If it's part of the same garage as it's exotic Lancia sibling, which seems likely, I'm greener than a verde cloverleaf with envy!  Both cars are just perfect and worthy additions to the 'blog!  







U M P H

(uppermiddlepetrolhead.blogspot.com.au.)

All iPhone images.



Comments

  1. There is an Alfa Romeo badge on the grille of #76.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your eyes are better than mine! I couldn’t see a badge but, in the absence of the heart- / shield-shaped grille, I dismissed it as not being an Alfa. Well spotted, sir!

      Delete
    2. What a MACHINE!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EJ or EH Holden? (Up-dated December, 2022)

An Electric Fiat X1/9

Random # 301: Nanna-Spec KE36 Corolla